Hello! You've found your way to my homepage. I’m Emiel Flipse, a Dutch software developer living in Vlissingen, The Netherlands. My main interests are technology, graphic design and sports. When I’m not writing code I’m most likely running, swimming or on a bike.
What I doProbably too much stuff, as I’m always busy on one or more side projects. I like working on something that I can design, make progress on, iterate over, and develop into something valuable. This doesn’t have to be software, although it often is. I'm employed at a small insurance company, building Oracle Forms, writing PL/SQL code and web services. I'm also one of the developers at CodeBottle. A startup building all sorts of IT solutions for the web, mobile and desktop environments. If you are interested in hiring me for a software development project please contact me.
|Tools & frameworks I use:||Languages I work with:|
ContactIf you’d like to get in touch send me a message at email@example.com. I used to build contact pages with contact forms but now I find that a simple email link gives a better user experience.
TriviaI thought it might be fun to have some random facts about me so I’ve added them in a list below.
- I’m 33 years old.
- My marathon PR time is 2:57:07 (Enschede, 2017).
- Studied Computer Science at Hogeschool Zeeland, graduated in 2009 (HBO, Bachelor of Information Communication Technology).
- My beverage of choice is coffee, no sugar, no milk, just lots of coffee.
- I’ve swum across the Weissensee (12k) a few times with other open water swimming fanatics.
- I help Stichting Zwemmen Langs Walcheren organise four open water swimming events each year.
- I train at Loopgroep Zeeland (running) and Reddingsbrigade Vlissingen (swimming).
- Together with two colleagues we climbed mount Kilimanjaro, and I've made a video about it.
- Last year I earned the “Become a Dad” badge!